Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

I have so many things to be thankful for. I truly don't know where to even start. My life is so full of so many good things. My parents are still healthy, active, busy people and I am grateful for that. My children are active, busy, wonderful kids who give me so much to be proud of. My daughter graduates in May with her Masters degree. Imagine that! She has done it all on her own, with maybe a bit of help from her dear hubby,Bo. I am grateful for him too. He has been such a rock for her in these past years. My son, Howie, who has recently moved to Mississippi and is trying to find a new job. I know that great things are in store for him. My own husband, where would I be without him? He has been my rock. I wish I could be more like him sometimes. He goes with the flow, nothing seems to phase him. Unlike me. Things can get to me and I try to learn from him. Our health. After the past few years I have come to understand how important that is and how much control we do have over it. Our nutrition and exercise habits do affect our health so very much and I am thankful for my class and all I am learning from that. I want to be able to help people with that so much. I am so upset at seeing all of the obese children and adults out there who do not understand what they are doing to themselves. the problem I do have with this is how do I go about helping someone who doesn't ask for it? How do I keep my mouth shut and let it continue? I beleive if you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem. I can lead by example, and can talk to people who want to talk about it. I am thankful for that. I am thankful for the fact that it is 34 in Pa. right this minute and not snowing. It looks like a gorgeous morning for a walk and I may go do that shortly. I am thankful for the fact that I can do that. I can walk, my legs are strong and I love to walk. I am thankful for my ipod which will be going with me on that walk, and my heart monitor. I do no exercise without it. I am thankful for that also. I am thankful for my sister, she is my best friend and my exercise buddy. She is my gym partner and my racquet ball partner. Woo hoo sis!I am thankful we have the strength and ability to play racquet ball.

What are you thankful for today? I am thankful for life. I am thankful for friends, family, and I am thankful for you. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: