Saturday, November 14, 2009

Doctor's visit

Last Thursday was my regular scheduled appt in Pittsburgh at UPMC for my yearly checkup. this is an ongoing procedure ever since 4 years ago when they found the pheochromocytoma and I was life flighted twice. They check my metanephrine and epinephrine levels, thyroid, cholesterol etc. This time I had them also check my electrolytes, potassium, magnesium, calcium, vitamin D etc. When I was in UPMC they had me on large doses of potassium, and magnesium. Since coming home I have been taking those daily. Although not large amounts. They called yesterday my levels of those are fine, so they want me to quit taking them for 2 weeks, then go have it checked again. Sounds good to me, I don't want to be taking it if its not necessary.

My cholesterol came down about 10 points, so that was good news too. I hopefully am doing something right. Vitamin D levels good also, and they apparently are sending me a letter in the mail so I may know more then. At any rate, I am good to go for another year.!

No comments: