Wednesday, November 11, 2009

6 months

I've got about 6 months to finish my class and take the test to be Certified. I will have to decide where and when to go, either Erie or Pittsburgh offers the test along with various other places across the US. I need to step up the studying a bit and ensure that I know it all, actually know it.

I've decided 6 months is also a good time to reach another goal, my own personal fitness goal. This time of year in Pa we are all wearing layers of clothing, although it hasn't been to bad yet, it is coming our way. Out will come the hats, gloves, coats, sweaters, sweatshirts etc and we will be bundled up in them for months. What better time than May to throw off all those layers and reveal the new toned, ripped me hidden underneath. right in time to take my test! HMM, lets try to keep that picture in mind.

I read an interesting article today on healthy snacks vs treats. A treat would be a muffin, donut, cookie, pastry etc and should be extremely limited to one or less a day. Preferably about 3 a week, whereas a healthy snack would be an apple, fruit, yogurt, nuts, etc and can be planned for in your daily caloric allowance. I thought it was interesting in that I have always considered a candy bar, or cookie a snack. I will be changing my thinking on that this minute. and trying to limit them to three a week. Anyone with me?

No comments: