Thursday, July 03, 2008

Another loss

We lost another friend today to cancer. Vicki had breast cancer, then spread to her bones. My sister told me tonight she passed away this evening. Last I had seen her she was in pretty bad shape and so thin and tired and worn out. Why do people have to suffer so much? I know she is not in pain any longer. She will be missed.

Relay is Saturday, July 12, its coming quick. Please come and spend some time at the camp site with us. Buy a luminaria for a deceased friend or family member. See what Relay is all about. If you have never attended you will be quite surprised. Alot of different teams will have different fund raisers going on at relay. it is a 24 hour event because cancer doesn't sleep. We will be selling raffle tickets, and hoagies.

It does get hard to keep coming up with ideas for fund raisers and I wish we would have done better this year. I think I lost my motivation for it after Mike passed. Just wasn't the same, but I will be lighting a luminaria in his memory this year. And another one for Vicki.

Please check out this site I found. You track your distance walked daily and they contribute to fight breast cancer. http://www.beewellmiles.com

No comments: